Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sunday Night Dinner 2016-03-13

I had dinner with my Vietnamese family, Anna, mother Loan, & sister Sisi, outside at a table at a restaurant in maybe Phu Nhuan or close to Go Vap on the big street that goes to that golden state bridge that goes to Thu Duc.
.
We talked about how Sisi loves money and I should give her more. We see a man with a retarded boy walk by to beg for money. This is normal in countries like this where people beg for money and they sometimes sell lottery tickets or food or toys or candy or something. Singers walk by from store to store and from house to house in these cities asking for money while singing and sometimes selling stuff as well. There was a male singer and then a female singer. I didn't bring my laptop and mother drove me over to play pool near Bui Vien and I saw girls but tried not to look at them too much and tried not to be distracted by the desire of sex and stuff because I got work to do and there are things I believe in that I must continue to fight for. I have projects and things I work on for over 20 years since the age of ten years old in the year 1995 in the United States and also since the year 2012 in Vietnam.
.
Mother talks about how people work hard to be happy and that is what matters most and she asked if I agree or understand and I said no and I wanted to say more but she only knows some English. I gestured my thoughts that I believe that joy and eternal things are more important than temporary happiness. Me and mom went to play pool and then for street coffee and then came back home about 2 AM.



Sunday Night Dinner
2016-03-14 Sunday 6 - 9 PM APN HCM
Joey Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment